The current Covid-19 crisis has been a major challenge for many businesses and has left them having to think on their feet and make drastic adaptations to survive. One shift that we have seen is that companies previously trading through multiple channels have had to shift their business model to an entirely online one. The current pandemic has been a factor in creating a huge surge in online shopping that not many could have anticipated.
The reaction to this major increase in online demand has been mixed, with some rising to the challenge of getting orders out to customers and delivering an efficient and up to date ecommerce site. Although still a challenge, those who have focused on their customers’ experience and their fulfilment process have reaped the rewards.
Others however, whilst doing their best, have fallen short. With order volumes increasing the strain on resources, a lack of automation has become apparent and, as a result, customers are receiving an inconsistent service and longer than expected delivery times.
Whether your online business has succeeded up until now or not, with events like Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas approaching, it is fair to say this increase in demand will not slow down any time soon, in fact it will most likely steepen in the coming weeks, placing strain on even the savviest of ecommerce sellers. Therefore, it is now more important than ever to evaluate your resources and take advantage of the new technology available to better manage the upcoming demand.
In order to fulfil customer expectations and increase revenue throughout this upcoming period, online retailers must offer more than the right products on a speedy site; they need to deliver a seamless, engaging customer experience from start to finish. For this to be achieved data automation is key.
Cloud Data Exchange, a cloud-based data integration solution created by Eureka Solutions, is the perfect tool to help ensure your customers are receiving an excellent experience during the seasonal period whilst saving your business time and money.
Cloud Data Exchange acts as a bridge between platforms, allowing for the sharing of data where communication is currently impossible and manual intervention is necessary.
- Eliminate manual data entry such as orders, inventory, customers and shipping data; improving the fulfilment process, saving time and removing the risk of human error.
- Transfer orders and customers directly to ERP systems such as QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite and Sage.
- Automate the transfer of data between your ecommerce and stock management system, ensuring the ‘Out of Stock’ error message never appears to your customers.
- Maintain accurate product information on your site at all times by automatically transferring data such as descriptions and pricing.
- Integrate multiple systems allowing you to coordinate all your ecommerce sales at once.
- Transfer your data continually or at customizable intervals, you are in control.
Performing hours of manual data transfers is not a process many businesses can afford approaching this seasonal period, particularly as staffing levels may fluctuate. The more time invested in manual processes the tougher it will be to efficiently serve your customers. Integrating your business systems with your e-commerce platform will speed up your order and fulfilment process allowing you to better manage demand and improve customer satisfaction. To find out more about what Cloud Data Exchange can do for you, and to discover more about the benefits of integrating your business systems contact us now , you could be set up before the rush kicks in!